I have a thing with political parties. George Washington warned of parties saying it would split our country. Not even a year later, John Adams (whom I greatly admire) failed Washington and the American people on this one aspect—instead of following in Washington’s footsteps, he ran on party; thus, beginning this tragic fall of the American free election process.
I’m no expert as per say—I’m not a politician. I’m an outsider looking in. I guess you can say I’m an expert as a member of the People of this country. I am a registered Republican. So What?
In my view: the Republicans and the Democrats are one in the same. Take a closer look at the 2008 election if you’re questioning my judgment. Some advice—read Sarah Palin’s books. If you’re an enemy of Palin, then you’ve been sucked up by this Republican-Democrat machine. They both smeared a good woman.
Newsmax’s (Feb. 2012 Issue) article What Romney Must do to Woo Conservatives by David A. Patten (pages 8-9) proves my notion. Patten gives us a list of how Mitt Romney can woo conservatives:
The first: Emphasize his conservative fiscal record in Massachusetts—
- He took a $3 billion budge shortfall and left a $2 billion rainy-day fund.
- He dropped Massachusetts’ unemployment from 5.6 to 4.6 percent.
- He attempted to reduce state income taxes.
The second: Talk up his business background—
- He’s widely credited for rescuing the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
- He founded Bain Capital which helped rebuild The Sports Authority, Domino’s Pizza and Staples.
The Third: Reach out to conservatives—
- Stop being indifferent, if not hostile, to social conservatives.
- Reach out to them and show he genuinely cares about their heartfelt cause.
The Forth: Emphasize electability at every turn—
- Patten states—“electability [of a candidate running for the President of the United States] may be just as important to conservatives this cycle as ideological purity is.”
- Romney argues he has a superior organization and funding machine. Patten states that he should continue to play this card.
Now let’s put this in prospective by comparing Romney to Palin—
- Sarah Palin, according to her book, fought against corruption in Alaska before she was governor. She went against the top—all the way to the governor’s mansion—and WON.
- As governor, she achieved getting the Alaskan pipeline finished within what six months; completing a deal that was going on for 50years.
- She not only got Alaska out of debt but left a huge surplus, plus every Alaskan who lives there two years are more receives $2,000 a year from the pipeline.
- She handled all those BIG oil men by tearing up contracts and telling them how they’d do things in her state. She put Alaska in charge instead of the other way around like here in Louisiana. We have countless pipelines and we don’t see a dime!
- She genuinely cares about America and its citizens.
- She did these things plus more and at the same time was raising children and managing her own household. Instead of having chauffeurs and fancy limousines and countless maids, to help her state, she did everything herself.
- Alaska is 1/4 the size of the entire lower 48 and she managed while doing all of the above to visit all of her people not just some.
How does Romney get to be better than her? Is it because she is a woman? Does that make her less valuable? I was surprised that liberal women organizations did not rally her. How hypocritical!
During the 2008 campaign, the Republicans did every effort to control this much achieved, true American woman. They went as far as writing her speeches (telling her what to say). Her comment about being a soccer mom and the lip-stick comment, got her heavily reprimanded by her very own Republican team mates. She wore her own jacket at one event and she was reprimanded for that, too. The Republican party bought all new clothes for her including $70 panty hose which she never wore then demanded that she return them after the election. And you want to talk about wasteful spending! They even reprimanded her for talking directly to the People on her campaign trail.
To put it simple. The Republican party told her how to walk, talk, eat, s…., and breathe. That’s not democratic or a republic, that’s authoritarian to the core.
Then after the campaign the Republican party did everything they could to destroy this true American lady’s reputation, guaranteeing she’d never win an election again.
According to Patten’s article—“the Republicans can thank most for their laser-beam focus on electability is none other than Barrack Obama himself…Contrast [Republicans, today, wanting to oust Obama] this with 2008, when some GOP voters openly mused that Obama might be better than McCain” [a prisoner of war, and a schooled politician having more creditability and on-the-job experience than the puppet!].
Patten states that Romney is going after the conservatives to win the GOP election then he’ll switch to the middle to win the presidential elections. Does this mean he’ll lie, cheat, steal (do what ever he can) to win over the conservatives?
I think the whole Republican selection of a candidate is bogus. This country was founded on conservative values and God was always at the forefront of building this great nation. How absurd to ignore Ron Paul! He is the most qualified of all these men. What he has to say aligns with what Palin stands for and what our founders wanted—America is supposed to be a free country with a small government. That’s their message—plain and simple.
How gullible of the American people to allow these two people to escape their grasp. Even Herman Cain had a true American heart. His statement that he was NOT an African-American but an American was the greatest, most honest, true statement any black man except for King has said.
Patten mentions serial flip-floppers. I see nothing but flip-floppers. Ron Paul seems to be the only exception. Herman Cain and Sarah Palin—without a doubt stuck to their beliefs as well.
History shows us where this country has gone astray. Many warnings were given from those who built this great nation:
- Don’t let outsiders in (meaning foreigners) was the most important.
- If the federal government got too big and out of control, the People has the right to override it: taking it by force if necessary.
My questions still go unanswered:
- Where are all the true Americans?
- Where are all those tea party people who rallied and rallied?
- Were all those speeches and signs held just words?
- Why does the NRA HAVE to fight for the Second Amendment, which allows Americans to protect themselves?
- Why does Americans have to fight to keep a federal government health take-over which states that they have the right to dictate weather you die or live?
- Why has this country not impeached the puppet? After all—
- he’s bowed to kings,
- he’s disrespected our allies,
- he’s disrespected the very country he represents by calling us arrogant and apologizes for us being that way,
- he’s supported terrorism,
- he’s lied about who he really is,
- he’s spent more of our tax dollars than any president we’ve had,
- he has more czars (people we didn’t elect, people who answer to no one but the president; and we pay for them) than any other president,
- he’s written a book about his hate for white people and his hate for America before he was elected,
- he’s placed moslems into our government (people who hate the United States of American and who intend to destroy us),
- he’s criticized American Veterans and has treated American soldiers with total disrespect,
- he’s weakened our defense,
- I’m so there’s more…
He’s so disliked in Southern Louisiana that when he came here (it took him 2 weeks to come) for our tragic oil spill, not one person stood on the side of the road to greet him. NOT ONE!
The American People have failed our founders, have failed their sacrifices for us to be free. We ARE not a democratic nation and far from being a republic. If you think we are than check out the electoral college, make a list of all the laws and regulations that control everything in your life. Go on, review your income tax form—take a look at how much you and your boss has to pay just on you and convert that to percent. It’s over 12%.
Republican and Democrat politicians don’t care about America. They just care about personal advancement. Just look at how much they make a year, look at all their benefits, look at how much vacation time they have, check out their homes, their clothes, their staff, maids, cooks, etc.
How many of you have a limousine or $1,000 suits or a retirement paid by the People. Most of us don’t have any retirement.
Wake Up! America. That’s the sign I like the most after Next time We’ll Come with Guns.
Romney is no better than the puppet. You are sleeping if you don’t see it. My suggestion—get rid of them all and regroup. Further suggestions—
- shut down the government
- seal the borders
- throw out every controlling law
- sell all these government luxuries
- void every government agency
- increase our defense (take pride in those who volunteer to defend us)
- return the National Guard back to their states
- return our tax money back its original intention
- oust the electoral college (return the voting and decisions back to the People—as it was meant to be)
- deport all individuals who aren’t American citizens
- stop importing cheap foreign products and return to American Made (Americans take pride in their work and make things that LAST!)
- oust political parties and return the fight for positions back to the individual
- return education (schools) back to the communities
- the most important—return God to the forefront of this nation
- strengthen the rules of political candidates
- change the citizenship immediately to—they must be at least a two-generation American with no exceptions
- presidential candidates must have at least four years of military service
- the age of the president should be increased to 50
- presidential candidates must have at least 10 years experience in leadership (the actual running or leading of a major organization—city, town, large corporation, etc.); disregarding all congressional time except for two years
- limiting congressional terms to two
- cutting congressional pay by 3/4
- cutting all government vehicles (they can use their own car like we do) and planes except for Air Force One
- cut totally, except for the president and vice president, all retirement and health benefits paid by the People, including those already retired (we have to pay for ours—let them pay for theirs)
A reorganization is necessary and it can’t be of anyone’s benefit if it takes years and years to do it. It needs to be done immediately. The American People can handle it. Those that complain and gripe are NOT true Americans and can have the option—either stand behind The United States of America or find another country to call home.
It’s that simple. You, the American People, make it complicated. Your arguments are hypocritical! You want to be free but you can’t handle what it takes to be free.
Mitt Romney is not the answer. The cycle will just continue, and the United States of America will cease to exist and you, the American People, will have been the fool.
These elections are not that important to me. I think we are overlooking the real problem. The U. S. government has gotten too big, and we are just standing by while it continues to grow. We need to return to our beginning. But, I guess, if the People don’t want it, then maybe we should just go ahead and throw in the towel and declare ourselves (as we truly are) a socialist nation and let the government totally tell us what to do. I guess, to most, that is the simplest way to live. After all, anything that is too hard is not worth doing—so if being free is too hard, we might as well give it up right now instead of all this bickering and fighting. It’s getting redundant and quite boring.